[Sca-cooks] Circles (was Period gifts in jars + question)

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 27 11:41:34 PST 2004

--- "Martin G. Diehl" <mdiehl at nac.net> wrote:
> Yes, the work could have been done over some period of
> time.  With that assumption, we have to wonder how the
> project was planned and continued to work toward that
> goal over a time span of 50 to 500 years.
>
> The way I see it, the effort to complete those sites
> remains an enormous puzzle no matter how we look at it.

If crews of 1000 men worked 12 hour days, that's 12000 man hours per day, times 7 days equals
84,400 man hours per week.  350,000 man hours divided by 84,400 gives us just about one month's
worth of work.  Certainly 1000 good, strong men could have been spared form the field to construct
this monument, and a 12 hour day would probably seem like a vacation to them.  Even at only 500
workers, they could have gotten it done in 2 months.

I'm thinking the estimate of 'man hours' is probably not accurate...or it just didn't take that
long to build.

Wm de Grandfort

=====
She was freezer burn...... all else is only icing.