OT Re: [Sca-cooks] Stonehenge access

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Sat Nov 27 17:51:32 PST 2004

Sue Clemenger wrote:

> Certainly, one can get in.

[snip]

> One of my "it'll never happen" dreams would be to be able
> to go back on Winter Solstice, but there's like a 10-year
> waiting list.  *sigh*
> That said, there's something absolutely mind-blowing about
> being able to touch something *that OLD*, isn't there?

Very true.  It's also one of the underlying concepts in
Charles de Lint's fantasy story "The Riddle of the Wren"
(Ace, 1984; Firebird 2002).

"The Harp of the Grey Rose: The Legend of Cerin Songweaver"
also by CDL is in the same setting.
(Avon, 1985; Subterranean Press, 2003; Firebird, 2004)

After all, if you can't get there, maybe you can read about
the idea.

> --maire
>
> M+D: Mary and Doug Piero Carey wrote:
>
> > Ah, but one CAN get inside the circle at Stonehenge!
> > These folks specialize in such tours:
> >
> > http://www.astraltravels.co.uk/uk-london-tours/stonehenge_access_tour.htm
> >
> > My husband & I went in 2002 & had a wonderful time.
> >
> > Maria from Alderford

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl

http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
  inspired by P. K. Dick