[Sca-cooks] Re: Stonehenge Access

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Sun Nov 28 08:42:29 PST 2004

Thanks _so_ much for the link.  Too bad we didn't have it before September
when three of us retired women went there.  One in particular wanted to get
inside the circle but we couldn't find the tour.  I'm going back next April
and May and will definitely look into the sunset tour.

Sue Clemenger wrote:
> That said, there's something absolutely mind-blowing about
> being able to touch something *that OLD*, isn't there?

Yup!  While it isn't quite as old as Stonehenge, I purchased (with
certificate of authenticity from a reputable York antique shop) a silver
Celtic ring which is estimated to be from about 200 B.C.  It's formed of
one strand of silver with varies in thickness and is wrapped around itself
to form a spiral on the top.  When I wear it I can't stop stroking it,
thinking that it is about 2200 years old!

Alys Katharine, not quite as old as the ring