[Sca-cooks] Circles (was Period gifts in jars + question)

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 00:24:04 PST 2004

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 23:11:32 -0800 (PST), Chris Stanifer
<jugglethis at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- "Martin G. Diehl" <mdiehl at nac.net> wrote:
>
> > > Give me a lever long enough, and I will move the world ...
> >
> > OK ... but did *they* have the lever *then*?
>
> I'm not entirely sure about this.  I'd like to do just a wee bit more research on the lever before
> I make a comment :)

> WdG

Monkeys understand the lever principle.....It isn't precisely documented, but
through re-creation they had determined that "ancient" peoples had pretty much
the same engineering tools , or they had to have a good working knowlegde
of not-so basic engineering to have built any of the monolithic sites.

You should see some of the research on the bog causeways that were built
as well.

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson