[Sca-cooks] Soup suggestions

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Nov 28 00:35:54 PST 2004

   Caointiarn asked:
> I'm planning out the Shire's Twelfth Night Menu.  I'm making up a
> German
> menu, using Rumpolt & Welserin. I need a good hearty soup.  I have some
> ham {and the bone} left over from our last Shire event, but not enough
> servings for 80 people.  I thought to use it for a soup, but I am
> looking for a
> different legume.  We have overdone lentils and chickpeas.

Well, this soup is eastern European so it might fit in with your German
menu:
Blood-Soup-art    (12K) 12/26/00    "Polish Black Soup - Czarnina" by
Casamira
                                        Jawjalny, O.L.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/Blood-Soup-art.html

Too far out for your feasters? Well onions were a common food item in
Germany, right? How about a hot bowl of onion soup?
onion-soups-msg   (23K)  4/ 3/02    Period onion soups.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/onion-soups-msg.html

Otherwise, you might want to look through these files:
mustard-soup-msg  (13K)  4/ 3/02    Mustard soup. HE Salaamallah's
version.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/mustard-soup-msg.html
soup-msg          (97K)  4/ 3/02    Medieval soups. Cooking soups at
events.
                                        recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/soup-msg.html

Stefan