[Sca-cooks] "Kingdom" National Dishes WAS: Brand new to the list

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun Nov 28 20:03:17 PST 2004

A popular dish up here (NW Artemisia), back in the days when rocks were
soft and I was a newbie, was marinated vegetables.  Carrot sticks,
mushrooms, celery, broccoli and cauliflower flowerets, black olives, and
marinated artichoke hearts, all bathed in extra-strength Italian
dressing (made by boosting bottled dressing with the dry packaged
stuff).  I have no idea of the origins of the dish, but it's long gone ;o)
Current baronial favorite would probably be these awesome apricot tarts
made by HL Judith (soon to be Mistress Judith, wa-hooo!)  I don't know
that there's anything like an Ubiquitous Artemisian Dish.  Caointiarn,
can you think of any?
--maire
p.s. I don't know that I've ever known anyone to do Cheese Goo for a
feast.  I, however, when faced with a lovely display of asparagus this
past week, had no choice except to purchase ingredients to make
same...on the menu for tomorrow night.....mmmmm....my arteries are
already hardening! ;-P