[Sca-cooks] Aluminum

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 29 02:11:27 PST 2004

--- Terry Decker <t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> Deville's process started limited production, as would have been necessary
> for aluminum plates, and it would certainly leave the price of aluminum
> metal high.

I suppose smallwares wouldn't require 'industrial' quantities of aluminum.  I further suppose that
if we are discussing Napoleon III, it is entirely possible that he may have had some
aluminium/aluminum service dishes lying baout.

Isn't it odd that, at one time, Aluminum was priced more preciously than gold...and now we roll it
around our Thanksgiving Turkeys, and discard it when we are done?  What a differenc a few decades
make, eh?

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.