[Sca-cooks] "Banned Foods" sortof still is: "Kingdom" National Dishes

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 29 11:47:27 PST 2004

Our local Baron pronounced an Official Royal Whim™ while he was King once,
stating that he did not like oatmeal, and therefore it would not be served
during his reign.  This was in the late '80's as I recall, and I still hear
new breakfast cooks telling me they know they can't serve oatmeal!  I happen
to like oatmeal for breakfast, especially if it is served well, with lots of
options for things to put on top.  It's amazing how little things like that
can take on a life of their own.
Christianna

> i have heard one of our fine barons outlawed honey carrots
> in our area.  and at one time there was a ban on olive.
>  ah, food history.  i really should find out more
> details....
>
> cailte

Whoa!  Really?  A ban on Honey Carrots and Olives???  These would have to
have been because of
personal preference, and not because they thought they were out of period,
right?

I'm just the kind of guy to bring a 50 lb bag of honeyed carrots, and a
bushel of olives to an
event like that.... banning food??..... indeed.

WdG