[Sca-cooks] "Banned Foods" sortof still is: "Kingdom" National Dishes

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Mon Nov 29 12:10:43 PST 2004

In a message dated 11/29/2004 2:47:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kingstaste at mindspring.com writes:
Whoa!  Really?  A ban on Honey Carrots and Olives???  These would have to
have been because of personal preference, and not because they thought they were
out of period,
right?

We've had Royals in the past declare chocolate period, but of course that's
the sort of thing that's a big joke, and as I've said before, I've had Royals
express an interest in steak or some other treat, which we may or may not be
able to afford for the whole hall, but hey, that's the way we play the game
isn't it?

((BTW, I am aware that SCA policy forbids extras for the royals coming out of
the general funds, and while I support this and have _always_ played that
way, it wasn't always a rule... and I took heat for thinking as I did. FYI))

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the
consequences. -- P. J. O'Rourke