[Sca-cooks] Field kitchen horror stories

Micheal dmreid at hfx.eastlink.ca
Mon Nov 29 12:45:43 PST 2004

 Indeed a well spoken moral, such individuals are worth their weight in gold
upon such occasions.
 However such individuals can be the cause of such.
 Camp cooking . I was told of a brand  new Stone Stove expressly designed
for cooking in loving detail by just such an enthusiast. Only when I had lit
the fire and had started cooking. Did I find to my horror the stone fire
place was built of soft sand stone and plaster of Paris. Can one say the
ever sinking flat top. After pulling off the parts of the feast I could
rescue. I went back to spits, open fires and barbecues. I now carry a hammer
to check such out door facilities. lol
 Da