[Sca-cooks] RE: Bannerd Food

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Mon Nov 29 15:55:10 PST 2004

In a message dated 11/29/2004 6:00:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ladyro at comcast.net writes:
Our Baron Barre (the Dread Baron FitzRobert) HATES beets.  Banned them.
Made the stupid mistake of saying so in front of the cooks' guild.

I don't think we've had a feast that beets haven't shown up in some form in
two years.  We've had marzipan beets, egg beets, I don't know what all....
Baron Janos of Nottinghill Coill (my sucessor to that office and our present
King) once insisted that a particular dish was meat, and being a confirmed
carnavore, insisted on a bite. First mouthfull he knew it wasn't, it was in fact
fried eggplant. He didn't know whether to spit or run, but I believe to his
credit he swallowed. SFAIK he never tried to ban eggplant, which is another
point in his favor because he was gifted with a LOT of eggplant themed gifts over
his tenure as our Baron, and took it all in good humor.

Corwyn

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the
consequences. -- P. J. O'Rourke