[Sca-cooks] Re: Salad cream

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 29 20:34:27 PST 2004

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:45:51 -0500, Phlip <phlip at 99main.com> wrote:

> Is it just me, or is there something odd about this instruction? I would
> think that if one had the yolks from hard boiled eggs, the eggshells would
> already have been removed. After all, in MY kitchen, I boilt the eggs,
> remove the shells, then remove the white (if that's what I'm going to do) in
> order to wind up with the hard-boiled egg yolks....

> Saint Phlip,
> CoD

Maybe you leave the eggshells in for the crunchy version of the stuff?

Cadoc
--

Anyone have Mrs. Beeton's book handy? I now wonder what else may have been left out when the writer copies the recipe onto the Website: http://thefoody.com/mrsbeeton.html

Interesting disclaimer, there: "Please note that I have not been able to test many of these recipes, so cooking them is very much at your own risk!"

Gianotta