[Sca-cooks] Rumpolts Mushrooms

Kai D. Kalix kdkalix at gmx.de
Tue Oct 5 06:42:24 PDT 2004

Greetings,
it may be that Peltz here means just Pilz, which is another german word for
mushroom. There is a difference - I just don't remember right now - between
what german mushroomers call Schwa:emme and Pilze. I would suggest
Steinpilze (don't know the english word for them, but I'll look it up as I
go for the other info) because they are often sold dried - and soaked
overnight.
And Steinpilze are - or were - common in Bohemia.
But again, they're not known now for availability or cheapness.
hoping to be of assistance
kai

-sry for wrong subject
Steinpilz is boletus
Another theory:
although rumpoldt resided in Mainz, he had ties to Austria (and gives here
an recipe from Bohemia, which - at that time - belonged to austria. In
bavaria and austria, mushrooms are called Schwammerl, while in
northern/western Germany they are calles Pilze. Maybe R. wanted to give here
both words - he remembered the austrian word, because it is an austrian
recipe, and 'translated' it for those araund Mainz?
kai

--
Come not between the Nazgûl and his prey! or he will not slay Thee in Thy
turn, but bear Thee

+++ GMX DSL Premiumtarife 3 Monate gratis* + WLAN-Router 0,- EUR* +++
Clevere DSL-Nutzer wechseln jetzt zu GMX: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

--

GMX ProMail mit bestem Virenschutz http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail