[Sca-cooks] period sandwich?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Oct 7 23:34:11 PDT 2004

Cariadoc mentioned:
> Some of the things in the Miscellany that might work for your purpose
> include barmakiya, which is a thin layer of meat and onions between
> two thin layers of bread (as I make it, at least), <snip>
Huh? I haven't had a chance to go look this up in the Miscellany, but
this sounds like a sandwich. Which I thought was post-period. What am I
missing? Does this have a broth poured over it, or some such, that it
can't be picked up and eaten in the hands?

Stefan
(perhaps this is another one that Stefan is mis-reading, like the
peeling the grapes one. :-) )
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com