[Sca-cooks] Regarding the Size of Rissoles

Barbara Benson voxeight at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 05:29:26 PDT 2004

Greetings,

It is always interesting when someone relatively new to the whole
cooking gig starts playing with recipes. Especially when the recipe is
one that you have worked with long enough to consider it a given.

Whenever I have made rissoles for a feast I have used won ton wrappers
for conveniences sake, but even when I have seen them done from
scratch they always seem to be about that same size. This good gentle
asked me why everyone makes them so small? He thinks that it is
unnecessary extra work because you need to have at least 3 - 5 per
person to have a serving. He wants to make them more the size of a egg
roll so that 1 - 2 would be a meal.

I think it is a very interesting idea - and my question here is
weather or not anyone has seen anything in a period source that states
or implies how big a rissole should be or was in period?

Barring that, what size would you make them and why?

Glad Tidings,
--Serena da Riva