[Sca-cooks] wafers

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Oct 17 00:16:04 PDT 2004

Huette said:
> As for the doughy-ness, I believe that you should
> have thinned the batter down with whatever liquid
> you used in the recipe.  Doughy-ness usually
> means that the batter is too thick.
If the wafer ends up hard/stiff on the outside and doughy inside. If
the wafer isn't crisp on the outside then while it could be this, I
think it could also be the amount of sugar. If the recipe has worked
before then yes, it is likely to procedural rather than the amount of
one particular ingredient. On the sugar, for instance, I've never
gotten the non-sweet, savory wafer recipes to be stiff. They've always
been pretty limp, so I haven't attempted them much. It would be nice to
get a nice crisp cheese wafer, though.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas