[Sca-cooks] Ovens at Estrella

Pat mordonna22 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 29 10:54:56 PDT 2004

Stefan said:
>Estrella War is much closer to you than the other
>two, but I don't know
>if folks build ovens out there or not, as I
>haven't been to that event
>in 14 years or more.

>Stefan

William,
Estrella has a "period arts" area that usually has two or three beehive ovens for the use of the populace.  In past years arrangements to use them have been through Lady Ann Busshenell of Tylehurst.  I'm sure that if she isn't still the coordinator, she will know who is.  Ann also builds the ovens for the War, and gives classes in oven construction at Estrella.  Since you are going to Estrella War, I suggest you may wish to contact Lady Ann.  Her contact information should be somewhere on the Estrella War website.

Mordonna
(who has sat up all night with Lady Ann Bushnell and Mistress Helen Jennet watching the firing of the ovens in the company of a drop or two of Mistress Helen's excellent cordials...)

Pat Griffin
Lady Anne du Bosc
known as Mordonna the Cook
www.mordonnasplace.com