[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks) onion soup...

Jane Boyko jboyko at magma.ca
Sat Oct 2 06:12:36 PDT 2004

I agree with onion soups being thin and possibly leaking through the bread
bowl.  Why is is necessary to have an onion soup?  Since you are doing
Russian what about a borscht?  It would still be too thin for the bread bowls
but you could serve a hearty crusty type bread to go with it.  I did this
once at a feast and had people come up to me afterwards telling me that I had
converted them to eating beets and could they please have the recipe.

I can share the one I use if you wish.

Marina