[Sca-cooks] onion soup

Stephen Bloch sbloch at adelphi.edu
Sat Oct 2 07:24:30 PDT 2004

>As to onion soup.  I too have a favourite recipe from Sculley's "Early French
>Cookery" p 104  called Onion-Pea soup.  I get requests for this soup on a
>regular basis to the point I am pointing out to people that there are other
>great onion soup recipes and just soup recipes that they may be interested in
>having.  If you want I will be happy to post the recipe.

There are at least one or two onion/pea soups in Menagier, IIRC,
which we've made successfully at home, but not tried for a feast; I
don't remember whether those are the same ones Sculley discusses in
the book mentioned above.
--
                                     John Elys
          (the artist formerly known as mar-Joshua ibn-Eleazar ha-Shalib)
                                 sbloch at adelphi.edu