[Sca-cooks] Soups, tureens, and cost

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sun Oct 3 15:26:20 PDT 2004

> Our Barony purchased 10 2.5 quart tureens made of plain white china once.
> They came with a lid with a cut out to accommodate a ladle.  They cost about
> $10 each, but then we were near a big porcelain factory and these were
> blemished (not cracked) seconds.

Last year, Dollar General (or maybe it was Family Dollar) was selling
smallish, lidded tureens for about $4 each. :)

However, I would never buy them for my group. For one thing, the more
things the group has, the more they complain about storage. Furthermore,
they aren't very reliable about breakable objects. :)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"If past history was all there was to the game, the richest people would
be librarians." -- Warren Buffet, Washington Post, April 17, 1988