[Sca-cooks] Serving Soups

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Oct 3 19:25:01 PDT 2004

Marina answered my questions about tureens and then asked:
> Hope I answered your questions Stefan.  If not please reask or clarify
> if I didn't make my point clear enough.
Yes, it does. Thank you everyone who answered my questions. This does
sound like a good way to serve soups and stews at SCA feasts, although
the quantity needed is large. Which means a fair amount of storage
space is needed to store them as well as a bit of money to buy them in
the first place. I guess some of this could be helped by buying ones
large enough to serve two tables instead of one, so long as they then
aren't so heavy that two people can't carry one. The shape, handles and
lid do seem to be optimum for this use over other pots.

This info, as well as much of the other useful info and variations on
serving soups is likely to end up in a new Florilegium file for the
FEASTS area called serving-soups-msg. So it will be available for
future reference, perhaps for shire or baronial finance committees.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com