[Sca-cooks] Custard was Real bacon

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue Oct 5 15:38:29 PDT 2004

Also sprach R J:
>The UK custard I was accosted with was more a runny
>sauce than what we in the US call a pudding.
>  It tasted a bit like pudding, but it was the
>consistency of heavy cream.
>  I believe it comes in cans and in those paper cartons
>juiceboxes are made from, as well as being available
>in a "make from" package.

Yes indeedy. An industrial version of creme anglaise or sauce
sabayon. I just meant that it's stabilized with a certain amount of
starch, like a chemical pudding.

Then again, I wonder if commercial egg nog might be a fair substitute
in a pinch, as a sauce for cake or trifle.

Adamantius
--
"As long as but a hundred of us remain  alive, never will we on any
conditions be brought under English rule.  It is in truth not for

Holt, 07/29/04