[Sca-cooks] "A minced pie" from Gervase Markham

R J chaingangorg at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 6 08:16:45 PDT 2004

--- Kathleen A Roberts <karobert at unm.edu> wrote:
> way cool.  thank you so much... though i think i
> will
> stick with beef. ;)
>
> cailte

 Please try it with the mutton once.

 The spices cited in these recipes tend to take the
flavor of the base meat into account, and recipes
meant for mutton taste pretty off when made with
anything less strong than that.

 I admit to a deep fondness for mutton and goat, but
also submit that when cajoled into trying it, people
really seem to like my mutton dishes ( judging by the
cleaned off platters ).

 If you do decide to use beef after all, which is
perfectly reasonable, please do the "sausage test" as
you add the seasonings, to make sure you dont
overwhelm the meat.

 Enjoy,

 AEsa/RJ