[Sca-cooks] Re: Pie toppings (getting OOP)

Jessica Tiffin melisant at iafrica.com
Thu Oct 7 00:40:18 PDT 2004

At 08:44 PM 10/6/04, Ruth wrote:
>     And if you're talking hot apple pie, there's always the option of
> topping the thing with a slice of good, sharp cheddar cheese (let the pie
> melt the cheese and then enjoy).  That seems to be something of an
> American-ism; I know a Canadian friend of mine who heard about the
> practice was both shocked and appalled, and couldn't imagine whoever
> first thought of such a thing . . .

So, where do I remember the little rhyme from?  I associate it vaguely with
country England.
"An apple pie without the cheese
is like a kiss without the squeeze."

:o
JdH

Baroness Jehanne de Huguenin (Jessica Tiffin) * Drachenwald Chronicler
Shire of Adamastor, Cape Town, South Africa
melisant at iafrica.com ***  http://users.iafrica.com/m/me/melisant
There is only one rule in the SCA: "Thou shalt not be tacky". All the rest
is commentary. (Barak Raz, Silverwing's Laws 1).