[Sca-cooks] Names of foods in other languages

Sharon Gordon gordonse at one.net
Thu Oct 7 08:11:48 PDT 2004

> The language isn't Bosnian, it's Serbo-Croat.  Rhubarb is given as raven
or
> ravent in a couple of entries I looked at.  Here's the URL of a rather
> decent dictionary entry on rhubarb.

Thanks for the link to the spice pages.  That is the one I was looking for.
And thanks for the correction on the Bosnian vs Serbo-Croat language.  We
asked the guy who was trying to figure out rhubarb what language he spoke
and he said "Bosnian"--hence our confusion.  So does anyone know the
Serbo-Croat word for rhubarb :-) ?  I've  got an email ready for him with
the link to the plants for a future database which has detailed info on the
edible parts of rhubarb.

Sharon
gordonse at one.net