[Sca-cooks] Real bacon

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 14:32:59 PDT 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 18:46:05 -0400, Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius
<adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:
> >Not only are we not custard concious, we really don't even talk about
> >custard. Are you discussing frozen custard, or something along the lines
> >of what Americans would call vanilla pudding?
>
> It's more of a stirred custard, kind of a thick sauce. A sorta cross
> between zabaglione and vanilla pudding, but a pourable consistency.
> Y'ever have trifle? The custard in question is the sauce poured over
> cake slices, with jam and/or fruit added, all topped with whipped
> cream (sometimes), that forms the trifle. Once upon a time trifle was
> the custard itself, and the rest was just presentation detail.
>

> Adamantius

I have seen some homemade stuff like that, I grew up putting it on my
Strawberries
and shortcake when I was a kid (have a recipe somewhere, if I don't my
Mom does).

I've also liked whipped cream that was whipped to the state where it
got real creamy,
but before it broke into  butter and buttermilk.  Add a light touch of
the sweetener of
your choice and/or flavorings and away you go.

Cadoc