[Sca-cooks] all there is to know about food... in three minutes!

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Thu Oct 7 22:41:03 PDT 2004

A display and timeline of uses of spices and herbs?  I'm thinking of long
pepper and grains of paradise which were so common in cooking, and then fell
out of favor abruptly.

An example of a recipe and its reprint without the 1/2 tablespoon, 1 cup,
etc. measurements to give people the concept of a pinch of this, and a dab
of that instead of the "overspiced to show their wealth/cover the taste of
rotten meat".  Lots of different spices not necessarily meaning
tablespoons/quarts?

These could be side table demonstrations and possibly a hand out.  Shouldn't
bog you down too much.

Just a thought

Regina