[Sca-cooks] looking for middle eastern

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Oct 7 22:59:42 PDT 2004

   Lady Sionnan asked:
> Hi there.  I am looking to plan an event for this year in which it will
> have
> a definite middle eastern theme (thousand and one arabian nights,
> Concordia's crystal snowflake ball).  I am looking to instead of a
> feast
> provide what amounts to a never ending buffet through out the day and
> was wondering what suggestions people might have as to where to look
> for
> recipes, recipes or dishes.
You might try these Florilegium files:
E-Arab-recip-art  (48K)  3/23/03    Early Arab recipes prior to the
13th Century
                                        by Anahita.
fd-Mid-East-msg   (48K)  7/24/02    Period food of the Middle East.
Recipes.
The above are in the FOOD-BY-REGION section. The following is in the
FEASTS section, but I don't know how well any of it will work with a
buffet format:
ME-feasts-msg     (20K)  4/ 4/04    Middle Eastern feasts. sitting,
serving.

You might consider this file in the BEVERAGES section for beverages,
although some of these are going to be Persian rather than Arabian:
jalabs-msg        (71K)  7/ 3/04    Drinks with a sugar or honey-syrup
base such
                                        as Sekanjabin (Persian Mint
Drink).

Stefan