[Sca-cooks] Wheelchairs- OT- was Cooks Symposium Dec 4

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Oct 8 13:00:55 PDT 2004

> And honestly, at least on this one, you can't do anything because it is
> being held in a church which is outside ADA regulations.

Well, actually, not being able to do anything with ADA doesn't
necessarily mean you can't get help, depending on what kind of help you
need. The first thing I would do is talk _nicely_ with the facility
manager, without getting upset or mentioning ADA, and see if something
can be arranged-- are only part of the classes going to be on the 2nd
floor?

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I have always maintained that librarians are the ultimate
share-your-toys people, and that the worst punishment you could inflict
on any of us is to offer to show us an incredibly useful free resource
but only if we swear not to tell another living soul about it."
-- Marylaine Block