[Sca-cooks] Product Review

marilyn traber 011221 phlip at 99main.com
Sat Oct 9 14:03:46 PDT 2004

---------- Original Message -----------
Wrom: UNNYCGPKYLEJGDGVCJVTLBXFGGMEPYOQ
To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
Sent: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 16:09:21 -0400
Subject: [Sca-cooks] Product Review

> Anybody out there have a deep fryer?  What brand, what model, how
> much did you pay for it?  What are the pros and cons to what you've
> got?  Would you recommend it?
>
> I'm in the market, if you can't already tell, and I'd like some
> feedback from folks who have actually used the things.
>
> I can tell you right now, I'm looking at the rectangular
> "professional" style ones rather than the round homestyle jobs.
>
> Thanks!
>
>  -Helena

I checked, and R&M have a "Delonghi Cool Touch". It's rectangular, Margali
says that they've had this one for 7-8 years, and it was a replacement for
the other one they had which was just as reliable. I know this one gets quite
a bit of use- they do quite a fair amount of fried foods (I don't- don't
particularly like deep fat fried foods). Margali says she doesn't remember
how much it cost, other than under $100. I was xhecking on the web, and saw
them selling for anywhere from $60 to $279, depending on the model. As I
said, this one has been well used- can't see anything about the specific
model, other than it's a Cool Touch.

Hope this helps a bit,

Saint Phlip,
CoD