[Sca-cooks] Fabrication?

Brett / Wistan brettmc at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 20:09:26 PDT 2004

No real explanation of process.  Maybe something like "our specially
fabricated beef."  Well, to me this evokes images of some vat grown
horror show, similar to infamous KFC creations (
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/kfc.htm ).  Definitely not good
eats.

Speaking of which, this evil little meme seems to be making the
rounds.  I heard "fabricated" used in the context of chopping veggies
on Alton Brown yesterday.  I noticed it because it made me shudder.

Fabricated, from Webster, means "formed or conceived by the
imagination."  Used to describe disassembly it makes even less sense.
At least Franken-chook is being made, after a fashion.

I don't know it's origins, but IMHO the only thing that should
fabricate beef is mommy and daddy beef.  Fabricating vegetables should
involve at least some kind of planting.

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 17:43:40 -0400, kingstaste at mindspring.com