[Sca-cooks] Protectorate Feast-Part I

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Oct 11 23:14:08 PDT 2004

Bear commented:
> The Protectorate XXVIII Feast was planned for 272 people, 228 paying
> and 48
> comps. Unfortunately we came nowhere near this. Known World Aademy of
> the
> Rapier in the southern half of the kingdom drew most of our light
> weapons
> crowd. Limited advertising and threats of extreme weather added to the
> problem. Overall attendance was 100-150 people below previous years.

Well, according the to the Event Stewards for Known World Academy of
the Rapier, whom I was talking to at the resturant after our baronial
meeting tonight, KWAR was down 75 to 125 folks from their expected
number. They thought it was probably because of the Great Western War
in the west and the economy. The event did not meet their original
break even attendee numbers, but because of some savings from the
budgeted amounts, it may not have lost money.

This last Pennsic was also way down to just over 11K attendees compared
to last years 13K.

But since the economy is doing just fine, according to that guy who
happens to be in the White House, these downturns must not have
anything to do with the economy.

Stefan
PS: There are still some of the CD-ROMs from KWAR available for $5
(plus shipping?).
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com