[Sca-cooks] Good News!

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 12 10:38:20 PDT 2004

Congratulations to our list bretheren and sisteren.  Well Bestowed!

>> Hmmm.  How interesting.  The Order of the Dolphin
>> of Caid is and has been for many, many years
>> the medium level order of our service awards.
>> The order being AA, Dolphin, Lux Caidis, Pelican.
>> I am really surprised that the Heralds allowed
>> two different orders with the same name.  It
>> could be very confusing.
>>
>> Huette

Point of information, only tangential to this topic:  "The Order of the
Crescents" is the Grant-level service order in Caid.  "Lux Caidis" is
the Grant-level arts order.  I have the latter but not the former, I had
a Dolphin for over a decade though.  I try to remind THL Jared that he
has an award that I have not!  I do hold a Lux for Culinary Arts and
consider myself at least "junior varsity" in discussions with Laurels
and other master foodies.

> I believe ours was passed during one of the periods when they allowed
> names to conflict if there was a modifier...ours is the Order of the
> Golden Dolphin.  And it may be that Caid gave permission for the
> conflict...I dunno.  I wasn't around when it originally passed back
> when Atlantia was first a Principality...and when we went Kingdom, we
> simply upgraded the Principality Order to Kingdom status.
>
> Kiri

Addition of the word "Golden" clears the conflict.  Visually, too;  the
Dolphin of Caid is argent on an azure field.

Selene
Aurum Pursuivant, Caid