[Sca-cooks] Good News!

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 11 16:18:58 PDT 2004

Huette von Ahrens wrote:

>>Yes, in our Kingdom, it's our Pearls and
>>Dolphins which are our High
>>Orders of Merit...and they are the mainstay of
>>service and the arts &
>>sciences in Atlantia.  And there are several
>>correspondents on this list
>>from Atlantia who hold one or both of these!
>>
>>Kiri
>>

>Hmmm.  How interesting.  The Order of the Dolphin
>of Caid is and has been for many, many years
>the medium level order of our service awards.
>The order being AA, Dolphin, Lux Caidis, Pelican.
>I am really surprised that the Heralds allowed
>two different orders with the same name.  It
>could be very confusing.
>
>Huette
>
>=====
>Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they
>shall never cease to be amused.

I believe ours was passed during one of the periods when they allowed
names to conflict if there was a modifier...ours is the Order of the
Golden Dolphin.  And it may be that Caid gave permission for the
conflict...I dunno.  I wasn't around when it originally passed back when
Atlantia was first a Principality...and when we went Kingdom, we simply
upgraded the Principality Order to Kingdom status.

I know that the CoH has gone thorugh periods when they allowed this sort
of similarity and others where they did not.  It has taken me 15 years
or more to get an heraldic title passed because I wanted "dragon" in the
name.  I would be told that they allowed modified conflicts...and by the
time I got the submission off, they had changed their minds again.  I
finally made it with a translated version of "golden
dragon"...Kanatatsu.  Sigh.

Kiri