[Sca-cooks] Evil Science Projects: Good News/Bad News

Craig Jones drakey at webone.com.au
Wed Oct 13 05:23:58 PDT 2004

> The good news is that I discovered the last (already opened) jar of
> Green Almond Compost (a synthesis of the Forme of Cury and Menagier
> recipes).
>
> The bad news is that I now find, after checking various forms of
> documentation, since the jar is unlabeled, that this is the last of a
> batch made in June of 1995.
>
> The good news is that it went quite well on a meatloaf sandwich. The
> flavors are a little less bright than I remember them, but textures
> were essentially good, with just a bit too much of the liquid having
> either evaporated or absorbed by the solids, but it worked out pretty
> well when I chopped a spoonful of the stuff finely, the way you
> sometimes have to with the larger-cut Major Grey's Mango Chutney.
>
> I'm posting this now so that, if I post an update in the morning,
> you'll all know I lived through the night ;-)
>
> Adamantius

Dude,

Don't do it!!!  The last time I thought to myself 'I'll risk it - it'll
be fine' was some pickled lotus root I added to a thai curry.  I threw
up so hard that I hemorrhaged in my eyes, I coughed up pick foamy sputum
(from hemorrhages in my throat), had petechiae all over my face and I
found out later that I cracked a rib...

It's not worth it...

Drakey.