[Sca-cooks] Evil Science Projects: Good News/Bad News

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed Oct 13 05:32:34 PDT 2004

Also sprach Sebastian Manetti:
>  > Ummmmmm.....I hate to ask, but, as it sounds fascinating, do you happen
>>  to have the recipe for your synthesis available to share????/
>
>Assuming he survived the night of course ...
>-Sebastian

WE REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT... uh... I'm fine. The pickle is, well,
a little strange in texture, as older pickles tend to be, and there's
been some degradation of the aromatic stuff in it. But it tasted
fine, all things considered. I'm not arguing that we have not clearly
passed the expiration date on this product: it's close to ten years
old. Nevertheless, it's a pretty amazing testament to the power of a
honey/vinegar/wine/salt pickle.

Obviously, the thing to do is bring it to my mother's house for
Thanksgiving ;-). Okay, Drakey, maybe not...

For those interested in trying this stuff in its green, non-vintage
state (wussies!), here's a link to what is as close to a recipe as
I've got:

http://www.ostgardr.org/cooking/ppb.html#compot

We could probably synthesize a more formal-recipe-format if needed...

Adamantius

--
"As long as but a hundred of us remain  alive, never will we on any
conditions be brought under English rule.  It is in truth not for

Holt, 07/29/04