[Sca-cooks] Rissoles

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun Oct 17 19:23:15 PDT 2004

The Latin term being used is "isicia," which I believe is being used to
describe a dish where the ingredients are ground together.  Flower and
Rosenbaum translate this word as "rissole" and "forcemeat."  I believe they
are trying to provide a clear, modern culinary description of the dish
rather than imbuing the word "rissole" with any historical connection to
Medieval rissoles.

It would be interesting in this instance to compare Milham's translation
with that of Flower and Rosenbaum.

Bear