[Sca-cooks] Charcoal forge suggestion ;-)

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Sun Oct 17 20:24:11 PDT 2004

marilyn traber 011221 wrote:

> Stefan wrote:
>
> > I remember trying to use a clay flower pot saucer to hold charcoal
> > for a period pewter casting demo at an event but the heat cracked
> > it.

[snip]

> > Stefan
>
> Stefan,
>
> Of COURSE it cracked- a flower pot just isn't up to the temperatures you
> generate when you're operating a forge. And the brake drum is not "just to
> fill up space", it's there not only to handle the temperatures that a forge
> can generate, it's to shape and direct the fire,

For the large version of that 'shape and direct the fire' concept, please see
http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=499266&Artist=MGD&ByArtist=Yes
http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=655021&Artist=MGD&ByArtist=Yes

[snip]

> Phlip

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl

http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD

Reality -- That which remains after you stop thinking about it.