[Sca-cooks] Charcoal forge suggestion ;-)

marilyn traber 011221 phlip at 99main.com
Sun Oct 17 22:20:04 PDT 2004

> Hmm for a portable forge aye the foam ones lol but... um I didnt
> make mine portable lol it takes up half my garage roflmao. I have
> seen the portable ones and thought about making one but cant find
> one of those hand crank fans.
>
> Chass

Make one. You can modify an old squirrel cage blower from an old dryer, or
many other items of junk, and just add a handle. Or, if you're fairly handy,
you can add gears and get more blow for your turn. Myself, I've got the
materials and pattern- now all I need to do is get the garage cleared out
enough so I can make a bellows.

But, you don't need to be fancy- as I said earlier in this thread, you can
hook up an old vacuum cleaner blower, or buy a cheapy blow dryer, and hook
that up, with a gate so you can control the air volume. Not a very difficult
project.

St Phlip,
CoD