[Sca-cooks] A question about knives

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 18 17:53:43 PDT 2004

--- Brett McNamara <brettmc at gmail.com> wrote:

> A Japanese style of knife that I've suddenly seen produced by many
> Euro manufacturers is a Santoku.  "Santoku actually means 'three
> benefits', which you could translate as mincing, slicing and dicing,
> or that it can be used for meat, fish and vegetables." (
> http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=198379 )

Usuba was the name on the side of the knife I mentioned.  It looks like a cross between a chef's
knife and a cleaver (flat tip, not pointed, like a cleaver, but with the thin blade width and
lighter weight of a chef's knife).  Razor sharp, I tell you...razor sharp.  A real joy to work
with.

William de Grandfort

=====
Every heart to love will come... but like a refugee.