[Sca-cooks] Another knife question

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 19 03:05:13 PDT 2004

Sue Clemenger wrote:

> I'm thinking of getting a couple of Henkles for myself, as I've
> completely fallen in love with the medium-sized one a dear friend gave
> me for my birthday this year.  I don't need a huge set of knives, so I'm
> puzzling, now, over what the other knives should be, size-wise.  I'm
> thinking, at minimum, a paring-sized knife and a chef's knife? Of should
> I be looking for a larger (than 3) range of knives? I'm either cooking
> for myself, or doing an occasional SCA feast.  I'm competent, but not
> a gourmet, so I know I don't need any of the fancy filleting knives, etc.
> --maire

We were gifted many years ago with four Henckel knives...the 8", 10"
chefs knives and a pair of smaller paring knives.  We have used them for
many years now, and can't recommend them highly enough.   They have
pretty much served our needs, though I did give my sweetie a santoku
about three years ago.
Funny thing...his brother gave him the Wustoff version of the same
knife.  We have used those a great deal.  Don't know if this helps at
all, but we were able to do everything we needed with the four Henckels....

Kiri