[Sca-cooks] Herby things

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Oct 20 06:46:06 PDT 2004

Mmmm...nice question.
I'm pretty spoiled, in that I have not one, but two local places at
which I can purchase many odd herbs (we even have a place that sells
grains of paradise, and cubebs ;-)
Packaging would be ideal for me if it had options--starting with 1 oz,
and then maybe 4 oz., etc.  That way, if I'm doing something that
requires large quantities, it'd be easier to buy a 4 oz. container of X.
Things I'd be likely to buy include:
nigella seed
true cinnamon
unusual peppercorns
long pepper
culinary-safe lavender and rosebuds
(in other words, stuff I usually get from the Pepperers' Guild)
--maire