[Sca-cooks] Herby things

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 20 09:10:16 PDT 2004

Here in Sunny So-Cal (Bakersfield), we don't really have the opportunity to come face-to-face with
anything more exotic than 'toasted sesame seeds'.  However, if I were to have access to a spice
merchant (other than via web), I would ask them to stock the following items:

True Cinnamon (bulk, so I can buy only the number of sticks I need)
Whole nutmeg (believe it or not, I simply can't find it here)
Long Pepper (by the ounce)
Cubeb (by the ounce)
Galingal (either fresh or dried, by the knob)
Grains of Paradise (by the ounce)
Cardamom pods (another common item I have a hard time finding)
Star anise

William de Grandfort

=====
Every heart to love will come... but like a refugee.