[Sca-cooks] Herby things

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Oct 20 10:50:57 PDT 2004

I purchase almost all of my herbs and spices locally at a health food store
once or twice a year (more often if I run out).  I usually buy 2 to 4 ounces
each and I purchase both whole and ground spices.  Nutmeg, cloves, ginger,
cinnamon, allspice, cubebs, black pepper, white pepper, green pepper (P.
nigrum), mace, cumin, cardamom, tarragon, dill, sage, rosemary, mint,
cayenne, paprika (several different grades) and just about anything else
that catches my eye.  For oddities I can't find, I normally try Penzey's.

I had to settle for commercial ground ginger during this last feast, as the
health food store was out.  I was doubling up on the ginger to match the
potency of the fresh spices.

Bear