[Sca-cooks] Grain mills - thank you!

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Oct 20 22:51:55 PDT 2004

Tara Sersen Boroson commented:
> Otherwise, I'm torn between the Diamant, which is the most expensive
> thing on the market ;) but, it is an heirloom quality kind of item and
> appears to be one of the easiest hand-mills to use, as well as grinding
> super fine for a metal burr; Or the Sunshine Nugget because it has
> stone
> as well as metal burrs (and is much more affordable than the Diamant!)
>
> No matter what I choose, it won't be until at least tax return time...
> And I already promised myself a KitchenAid mixer when that time comes.
> And we're getting a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog pup in December (they
> were born on Friday!) so this might all be wishful thinking at the
> moment...  Oh, well, a girl can dream!
So, you're going to be one of the folks baking fresh doggy biscuits
made of home ground fresh grain? :-)

One of our local SCA couples raises and competes with Bermese(?)
Mountain dogs. Big, husky heavily-built dogs used to pull sleds and
wagons. Is yours a similar breed?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas