[Sca-cooks] FW: [TY] Bog Butter

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 06:15:04 PDT 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 21:45:45 -0400, Martin G. Diehl <mdiehl at nac.net> wrote:
> Bill Fisher wrote:
> >
> > Hrm, I don't think I want to be the taster for the
> > bog butter re-creation contest.
>
> Good plan.
>
> I remember a story in the Wall Street Journal quite a
> while ago.  A community in the Pacific Northwest  has an
> annual contest to discover culinary uses for banana slugs.
> Each of the judges gets a bottle of champagne for his efforts.
>
> I'll bet that you wouldn't be a judge for that either, right?

I had to eat slugs for survival training when I was a kid.  No
worse than eating escargot.  It wasn't very memorable or
disgusting once cooked.

Slugs, wild carrots, and wild onions - now that's livin!

I dunno about a banana slug tho, never ate them. Don't
really have them on my menu either.

Hrm, 12 inches long and covered in nasty tasting slime....

you could probably hide them in a jumbalaya....

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson