[Sca-cooks] OT: Job hunting/depression was Happy job thoughts for Stefan?

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Sun Oct 24 07:54:11 PDT 2004

it ios connected with all of us, so fooey to off line!

1. talk to whomever in the group managers you know, ask them how likely they
are to need to involuntarily seperate you.
keep in touch.

2. get your resume sharpened up and start job hunting now.  even if you make
this round of cuts, you may not make the next.. having some practice at job
hunting is a *good thing*

3. job hunting is a bash in the ego to almost everyone.  if you KNOW you are
prone to it, start working the affirmations and positive ego boos NOW.
(Louise Hay is one of the better known authors in the feild. i carry some of
her stuff, but there is LOTS out there)

4. just like dating, your first interviews will be stiff and awkward, but
there are job coaches who can help you practice them. and resume
coaches....(where were the dating coaches when i needed them?)

5. start asking your friends networks what jobs are out there.  some of us
may know some people hiring!  (in non tech speak, what do you do?)

6. start immediately reducing any unneccesary expenses.  NOTE**** the stuff
that keeps you sane and non depressed is NOT an unneccesary expense.
neither is anything that helps you to network.  if you cut that out you
increse the likely hood of depression, and make it harder to do your best in
an interview.

7 finally, my husband got seriously depressed while job hunting.  it went
unrecognized for too long, and probably cost him a few jobs because he didnt
present well at interviews.  treat yourself first!

Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...