[Sca-cooks] dr checkup results - just want to share good news

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 26 18:53:23 PDT 2004

Bill Fisher wrote:

>On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:14:16 -0400, Heleen Greenwald
><heleen at ptdprolog.net> wrote:
>

>>Kateryn,
>>That is very good news indeed!! I am glad that you are OK.
>>
>>As for a low carb dish, would *Barley with Carrots and Nips* be acceptable? Barley is whole grain and carrots and parsnips are good as well. What do you think?
>>
>>Phillipa
>>

>In a very small serving, yeah, that could work.  But it isn't low carb.
>
>I don't have any period recipes up yet (they are coming) but here is my
>recipe site  http://universalrobots.net/recipes
>
>I am going to be adding recipes each week, my cooking is very period
>influenced.but there is nothing up there period documentable. But I
>do cook low GI/GL
>
>Cadoc

Hmmmmm....I just checked the South Beach book, and barley, carrots and
turnips are all three considered "good", which means that, though they
may have carbs, they also are high in fiber, which offsets the bad
effects of the carbs.   I don't know where they fall on the Atkins
regimen, but South Beach tends to allow what are called "good
carbs"...things like whole wheat bread, pastas, etc.

Kiri