[Sca-cooks] Historic Near East Spice Boxes

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Oct 27 17:49:20 PDT 2004

You might consider evaluating usage on the basis of location.  For example,
are lavender and rue common in Europe and uncommon in Mesopotamia?  IIRC,
honeybees are of European origin and were not common in the Middle East,
while sugar has been grown in in Mesopotamia from around the 5th Century
BCE.  It would be quite a bit of work, but it would be a useful bit of
culinary detection.

I like the pages.

Bear