[Sca-cooks] Re: honeybees

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 09:31:59 PDT 2004

--- Devra at aol.com wrote:

>         I hesitate to disagree with Bear, whose research and scholarship are
> amazing, but honey is mentioned quite frequently in the Jewish Old Testament,
> and is among the few insect products that are approved and kosher.  (No
> documentation by chapter and verse, just general memory.)
>      Devra

Not to mention that honey was often used as a key ingredient in ancient Egyptian mummification
formulae, due to its antiseptic (aseptic??) qualities, which seems to counter the belief that
Honey Bees were a European signature.

Of course, Bear could have just been throwing that out as an example...

William de Grandfort

=====
Every heart to love will come... but like a refugee.